Please Click This Before Reading :D

Friday, July 17, 2009

Hontoni Suteki

I cannot find the right words to describe it, but I can tell you it's more than just awesome, fantastic, great, super and solid. To have high school students act like that is not, and I repeat - not, easy. 

What I'm talking about? Oh, I just came back at about 11 something from Cempaka International's Box Office Production 2009, Fame. Fame is a play where everyone in the school participates. It was really, really, really great. Like I said, there are no words to describe it.
 
Not only could they sing and dance, but they could act and really portray their feelings on stage. It was really a remarkable experience. The lead actress was expressive and really good. One of the other characters was a girl named Serena Katz, played by Claudilea. I know she's definitely foreign, but she can sing like... like... well, really, really good. She's even better than Cleo, I think. 

Not only can the girls sing, but the boys can sing pretty well too. I especially like this guy's singing named Nick Piazza played by Jes Ebrahim Izaidin. He was really good. There were pretty girls too like Iris Kelly played by Ellya Sam Mun-Yee and Esther Sherman played by Law Zenna. Damn nice.

Fame is actually a musical, which means there were songs sung by the casts. There were nice ones and not-so-nice ones, but overall, it was a really good production. The Cempaka schools have it once every year, so I asked my dad if I could come every year as well ^ ^

Oh, and before I forget, the Cempaka schools' Chairman and Founder of the schools, Datin Freida Pilus, is so fun!! Unlike our principals, who only know how to yak and nag and complain about our attitudes, Datin Freida Pilus joins in the fun and even danced along after the play. She was so nice and sporting, you know? 

Really, really, awesome. Marvelous. Spectacular. Terrific. I need more words even then. The storyline might've been boring and somewhat cliche, and sometimes unbelievable, but the students made me literally freeze in my seat as I took an expedition around the Cempaka world of drama and literacy. 

It was a seriously great experience for someone like me. I'm actually ashamed of saying I belong to my school's drama team. Compared to them, our team sucks ass, seriously. I'm not trying to offend or insult my school, but honestly, Cempaka rules.

The students can seriously breakdance, shuffle, do ballet on pointe shoes like professionals. It's practically impossible to believe that they're only in their mid-teens/teens. It was incredible, honestly. I cannot find anymore words to describe it. 

Apparently, the show last year was even better, but I didn't catch that. Damn!

Well, I have to sleep now. It's already 12:22 a.m. and I have school tomorrow... Shit. Kay, ciao then! :)

No comments: