Please Click This Before Reading :D

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Cataclysmic Conspiracy

Haha, the words above are just one of the many new words I learnt from reading Angels & Demons. To tell you the truth, I didn't know what Conspiracy meant. I mean, yeah, I get the idea and the spelling (duh), but if someone were to ask me what it meant, that I wouldn't be able to answer.

Wanna know what other words I learnt?

1. Perplexed
~make someone feel completely baffled~
2. Alcoves
~recesses in a wall of a room or garden~
3. Innate
~inborn, natural~
4. Integral
~neccessary to make a whole complete, essential or fundamental~
5. Immaculate
~perfectly clean, tidy or neat~
6. Intricate
~very complicated or detailed~
7. Adamant
~refusing to be persuaded or to change one's mind~
8. Chattel
~a personal possession~
9. Fathom
~understand a person or problem after much thought~
10. Stalemate
~(Chess) in a position counting as a draw. Not a "check" but a one-step-to-check~
11. Allegedly
~said, without proof, to have taken place or to have a specified illegal quantity~
12. Cataclysmic
~(of a natural event) large scale and violent~
13. Overtones
~a musical tone, part of the harmonic series above fundamental note~
14. Bane
~1. a cause of great distress or annoyance. 2. something, poison, which causes death~
15. Melancholy
~deep and long-lasting sadness~
16. Implement
~a tool/utensil/equipment used for a particular purpose~
17. Precarious
~not securely in position (dangerously likely to fall or collapse)~
18. Calibrated
~the action of marking something with a standard scale of reading~
19. Infinitesimal
~extremely small (a value approaching zero)~
20. Globule
~a small round particle of a semi-liquid substance~
21. Undulation (Undulate)
~move with a smooth, wave-like motion (body etc...)~
22. Pallid
~pale, typically because of poor health~
23. Symied (Stymie)
~prevent or hinder the progress of something~
24. Strafed (Strafe)
~attack repeatedly with bomb (etc) from low-flying aircrafts~
25. Conscripted
~to enlist someone compulsorily, typically into armed services~
26. Eloquence
~fluent or persuasive way or speaking or writing~
27. Vetoed (Veto)
~the right to reject decision/proposal by a law-making body~
28. Surreal
~having the qualities of surrealism/bizarre~
29. Cavernous
~like a cavern in shape, size or atmosphere~
30. Niches
~1. a shallow recess in a wall. 2. comfortable position in life. 3. specialized segment of the market~
31.Interspersed
~scatter among or between other things~
32. Hewn (Hew)
~chop or cut something (wood, coal) with axe, pick, etc...~
33. Surreptitious
~kept secret, especially because its not approved of~
34. Sarcophagus
~a stone coffin, typically adorned with a sculpture/inscription of ancient stuff~
35. Incongruous
~not in harmony or keeping with the surroundings~
36. Docent
~a member of teaching staff immediately below professional rank~
37. Conspiracy
~a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful~
38. Render
~provide/give (service, help, etc...)~
39. Reprisal
~an act of retaliation (fight, war, etc...)~
40. Pervasive
~(unwelcome influence) spreading widely throughout area/group of people~
41. Monolith
~a large single upright block of stone, shaped/serving as a pillar/monument~

Phew! That's a long list! And can you believe it? It's only just a few of the pages I read. There'd be much more if somebody would bother trying to find it! For some reason, I can't find it anywhere. Sheesh, and on top of that, she didn't even thank me after I found her earphones interspersed between the sofa.

Tch.

Anyways, when I find more words, I'll be sure to post them up, yeah? :)

As for everything that happened today, I'll elaborate.

Woke up at about 11:45 a.m. today. Yes, that's late. I only woke up because my stupid, annoying brother wouldn't stop yelling for me to wake up and that we'd be late for our 12:30 English class. I got up reluctantly and then made my way to bathe before my sister sent us to tuition. We were among the first to arrive, as usual. The teacher, Singh, was hilarious, as always.

Oooh! And guess what? Ning actually came for class! I mean the girl in the same class as me in school! She goes for my English tuition! Tin joined us not long after that. My brother went crazy because some guy did something with his own bad and my brother was like, "Lan si ah! That feller! You think I cannot do ah? I do more gaya than you ah!" Best part was, the guy wasn't even there. I'm like, "Why in the world are you talking to someone's bag?"

Haha, I was so proud of myself today because I was chosen out of the others to read the essay I wrote about the "Need for police stations in Taman Midah". Haha. There were a lot of corrections, but that's what I like about the class. They really try to improve what you wrote, unlike in school, where everything's correct. That's of course, because they wouldn't be bothered about what we write and they just want to speed the marking.

Tch, biatches, good-for-nothing teachers.

Anyways, we did Prepositions of Directions today. I got most of it correct, and apart from that, the class was lively because Sean kept insisting every answer should be the Preposition "through". Haha. I couldn't stop laughing. My brother tried his best to console me, but of course, who can? :P

After class, my sister fetched my brother, Sean and I. She sent Sean back to his house and we went back to our own. I finished my Theory work whilst watching Spiral. Dang, that show's nice. I don't even know why my sister doesn't like it. -_-

My Theory class was pushed back to 5:15 that day. When I went, I was the first. Luh didn't come today and Sean and Yeh Dong came later. Of course, me being first is excluding the fact that the teacher was teaching some other dude individually before our group class.

Came back then went to Sitka with the rest of the family to eat some fish my parents brought back from Tawau. Delicious. Had other nice food too, of course. Most of my favourite dishes were lain before me. Only the egg was mixed with bittergourd, so I didn't take much of that. :)

After eating, we chit-chatted for a while before walking back home. Even now, my parents, grandparents, aunties, uncle and my dad's friend are socializing whilst I use the computer. Mwahaha. 

...

Did someone call me?

...

Nope.

Okay, weird. Anyways, my sister found one song yesterday called "Loving You" by Lee So Eun. She's some Korean girl la. Anyway, the song is actually a Korean version of the Chinese song "Lau Su Ai Da Mi". It's really nice. Seriously. If you have the time, go find it on YouTube. I'm too lazy to post it up, especially since no one watches it. Why bother?

I was this close to getting Fushigi Yuugi but my sister said leave it to next week so I had no choice but to abide by that. I really wish there was something new to watch. Then again, if Andyy's bringing Rosario + Vampire 2 on Monday, I don't exactly have to worry, right?

-_-

Kay, that more or less sums up my day today. If anything cool happens and money falls from the sky, I'll update. ^ ^

Ciao!

No comments: