Please Click This Before Reading :D

Monday, August 31, 2009

Mermaid Melody


Here comes the moment my sister's been dreading for!! :P

This anime review is for an anime called Mermaid Melody. I was browsing through what animes to watch one day a few years back and stumbled across this. I used to watch it with my sister, but she "grew up" :P 

I stopped at the 20th episode, and have been continuing it and now I'm at the second season's episode 27. Unfortunately, I have to make this short cause my mom's about to blow. 

Long story short, there are seven mermaid princesses around the world and they each have their pearls. The pearls are the colour they are, so there's pink, blue, green, aqua, yellow, orange and purple.

The pink one is the main character. Her name's Nanami Luchia. She lost her pearl due to an incident when she was young. She had given her pearl in order to save a young boy from drowning. Before she could recollect it, she had to go.

So after a few years, she went back to land and found the boy. Unfortunately, she cannot tell him she's a mermaid, or she'll turn into bubbles. -_- So yeah... A bit of romance here and there. The downfall of this anime is, there's no fixed storyline, so I can't tell you what it's about, only that she gains friends and they have a bit of mish mash here and there.

The first season's name is Mermaid Melody whilst the second season's Mermaid Melody Pure. So if you wanna watch and *as my sister would say*, waste your time, then this should be alright :) I gotta go now. Ciao!!!

No comments: