Please Click This Before Reading :D

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Kaze Hikaru


If you don't love Okita Soji, you're an ass :P That's of course, acceptable in my sister's case because she doesn't really know how to appreciate manga. I know I should begin indulging myself in more sophisticated reading materials than just pages you see off a screen, but I seem to be a little happier with anime characters who look cute in black and white. *Of course, I wouldn't refuse them in colour either :P*

This manga is called Kaze Hikaru. I've mentioned this in one of my earlier posts. Let me take this opportunity to inform you that it is currently 3:26 a.m. and I am still not in bed. My bedtime was due about 4 hours ago but I was using my dad's favor of printing certificates as an excuse.

Of course, I have already accomplished that given task, about an hour ago and was too engrossed in trying to find the remaining volumes of Kaze Hikaru that mangafox.com decided to cut out -_-

Oh yeah, they stopped at volume 7 and jumped all the way to volume 22. Hell am I gonna continue when I don't know what in the world happened in between that time! Grr... -_-

On the other hand, I love Okita Soji and the way Taeko Watanabe describes him to be. Calm, cute, unbelievably adorable, and when necessary; a cold blooded killer :) 

Let me fill y'all in. Kaze Hikaru is set in the bakumatsu period. In English, it's during the Revolution. For those of you who have already read Kaze Hikaru, or watched/read Samurai X a.k.a. Rurouni Kenshin would know of what I am mentioning.

After her father and brother are murdered, Tominaga Sei decides to pose as a young man, namely Kamiya Seizaburou, so she will be permitted to join the Mibu-Roshigumi *later renamed to Shinsengumi* to avenge their deaths. However, not before long, under the strict training of *I would call* charming Okita Soji :P, she gradually begins to fall in love with him.

However, soon after, she uncovers who assasinated her father and brother and goes in search for the culprit. Some interesting events take place *I shan't spoil the surprise :)* and the culprit, without a doubt, dies. Yet, even with her revenge fully complete, Sei decides to stay in the Shinsengumi to fight alongside Soji and protect him. 

Then again, there's Saitou Hajime *whom Rurouni Kenshin readers/watchers would know extremely well as the third leader of the Shinsengumi group* who, in Kaze Hikaru, is Okita Soji's very good friend as well as Sei's silent protector. He still does not know of Sei's secret of being a girl, but he cares a lot for her safety. He also bears an uncanny resemblance to Sei's deceased brother, namely Tominaga Yuuma, and so he often has her calling him Aniue, which means "brother" in Japanese :)

So with only around two people who knew of Sei's real gender *Soji and a lover of her deceased brother, Meiko*, Sei has to try her best to stay in the Shinsengumi and not reveal her secret.

Soji, although a real knucklehead, really cares a lot for Sei -_- There are moments when I was reading the manga that I felt like pulling every strand of his hair from his scalp because of his stupidity in not acknowledging his feelings for Sei. Wake up, woman!! -_- He often mistakes Sei for a guy sometimes *though not on purpose* but when he does remind Sei she's a girl, she would explode.

Then again, those moments are hilarious :)

I gotta ciao for the moment. I think I hear someone moving upstairs. This has been Lou, at 3:45 a.m. signing off :) CIAO!!

No comments: