Please Click This Before Reading :D

Thursday, December 10, 2009

来た

Ola, amigos! Dang, it's been long since I've had Internet connection :) I'll be blogging about my camp now :)

Day 1
Khai Po and Sean came to our house, doi, and together, we went to my grandma's place where we spent the night. The next day, we woke up at around 9 something then proceeded to have breakfast. Ate nasi lemak. Yumm~

At around 12:30 p.m. close to 1 o'clock, we went with our aunt to her church. The bus was already there when we arrived. I took my bags and put them into the bus. I'll admit, I was definitely scared when I first arrived because, for one, I didn't know anyone there except them who came with us.

In the bus, we went all the way to the back. Jess turned around and said hi. I remembered her, of course, from movie night and barbecue night. What I didn't know was, she looked 15 or 16 but was actually 19. Holy crap. Thank God I didn't guess :P

Wei was there too. I knew her reasonably well. She and Jess were best friends, I think. Yeah~ And after that, this dude called Josh introduced himself to us. Yeah, after that, I just fell asleep. My brother too, I think. The two at the back as well. 

When I first arrived at Broga Hill, Negeri Sembilan, I thought, "Hmm... Not as bad as I thought it would be. Maybe I just might enjoy it here."

And then we listened to the briefing and my hopes went downhill. Know what the dude in charge said? "Now, around this area is a jungle, so there will be insects like cockroaches, spiders and lizards, but we'll try our best to get rid of them so just enjoy yourselves."

Uh-huh, yeah, thanks for being so unbelievably honest with that.

They briefed us a little bit about how we would be getting into our dorms and how there are a few rules in the campsite. For example, we are not allowed to let go any unnecessary gases such as fart -_- Apart from that, we are not allowed to complain or whine. Then, we're not allowed to bring any food into the dorms. We are also not allowed to stand on the toilets while doing our business, stand facing them (for the guys), or vomit in them -_-

After that, we settled into our rooms and that's where I met other campers such as Pui, Lin, Shell and the two I was particularly close to during camp; Aggy and Lene. Oh, and seriously, Lene reminded me of Sakura. And I'm the person thinking to myself, "How many people are there in the world who are going to remind me of Sakura??"

I'm serious! So I had fun teasing Sean :)

We each had a bed sheet and pillow case that we were supposed to put on ourselves. I took a blue floral one. Anything was better than pink floral and yellow :P

Yeah, after we settled in the dorms and stuff, we went for dinner. The selection wasn't so bad, actually. They had veggie, and some other stuff with rice, served in buffet style, but I don't remember what exactly I ate, because it's already been 3 days -_- My memory of food ain't THAT good :P

We then had a group meeting, where I met our group leader, Dan and the other people in our group. One of them was Uncle Kel, whom we call Uncle, but he's actually just 18 years old. But he's a really fun guy to talk to, even though he's sometimes annoying :)

We had service after that and we sang all the worship songs. Got some goody bags too containing some junk food :P The pastor was Mr. Ong Boon Cheang. He's a Singaporean and has been in the Ministry for 27 years. He is now currently doing his Doctorate in Ministry or something like that.

He definitely makes his point clear when preaching. There are some stuff I agree on and some stuff I disagree on, but I'll only touch about the stuff I agree on. For example, he made a statement about relationships on the second day and I really agreed on it. His statement was, "Girls give sex to get love, but guys give love to get sex." That sentence really struck me as something that was definitely true.

Guys can't deny that.

I won't spend that much space talking about what he preached about. I'll do that some other time. On the other hand, we went to sleep at 11:45 p.m. because that was our "Lights Out" time :P Bleghh~ But the girls in the other room were screaming because there was a cockroach under the bed and a lizard came out of the air-cond.

...

So the day ended.

Day 2 
Woke up thanks to the girls in the other room screaming because there was a spider under their bed -_- I seriously got a serious shock. I thought my heart was going to come out of my body.

After that, I got up and brushed my teeth. Went for group devotion after that before joining the other campers for breakfast. They said grace *I was thinking about something else :P* and then ate. Had nasi lemak for breakfast and really, really hot Milo. I had to blow and blow and blow and blow before I could drink it properly. 

After breakfast, we had a service. Pastor Ong preached again, this time about man and woman, basically. I won't touch on that yet :) I was trying to hard to keep my eyes open, though, because I was exhausted.

Then, we had lunch. Nice food, but again I don't really remember the details. After lunch, we had leisure time, in which I used to go cycling. Not bad. Was fun. After leisure time, we had our group meeting to discuss about our presentation. We were going to sing this worship song based on our theme, "Inside Out." The song's name is "From The Inside Out" and it's actually really nice. Then again, I find all the worship songs are quite nice.

Will post the lyrics later :)

After group meeting, we had some games. Oh ho ho ho. That day's team building game involved flour, you see? It involved reading through instructions carefully and our points are given based on how well we perform. The first task for the Spring team *which I was in* involved splitting into two groups: The Mixer and the Sacrifice. The Mixers had to fix two bags of flour in some water in order to get a sticky texture. In which we will use that sticky flour to cover the Sacrifice's face for them to stick their faces into a bowl containing pink pieces of paper which represent papayas. We are to finish that task and proceed to the next task.

Next involved the group forming a line behind the masking tape on the floor. One person can go one at a time to a bucket of flour a few feet away from them and take the marbles inside. There were altogether 50 marbles and we had to take them all out. After finishing, we proceed to the next task.

The next task involved the group forming parallel lines facing each other and using our feet to pass bananas to the end of the line. We are not allowed to take out our shoes -_- After that, we proceed to the last game.

The Spring team was the first to finish and after waiting for the rest, came the final task. Each group was given two bowls of watermelon. The fastest group that finishes gets 1000 points. The Spring group finished first too :)

Can you imagine?? I had to eat WATERMELONS. And I didn't even like watermelons~ But that's not the best part. We were all covered in flour. Right now, my watch has patches of flour on it. Plus, my comfortable shoes have flour on them. Oh ho ho ho, but that's not it. The whole basketball court *which we used as the game center* was covered with flour and we had to clean everything up.

I have a phobia towards flour thanks to that. Do you know how hard it is to get the friggin' flour off the court?? We had to use cardboard, fingernails, brushes, and tie-hair thingies in order to get the court cleaned.

But we had fun anyway, so I guess that's not so bad, right? I swore that if I didn't lose weight during camp, I wasn't going to come again :P

After that, we had dinner, I used the hair dryer I took from home after I bathed before I ate, and then went to bed. Haiz~

I'll blog about the next two days later in the night. I am exhausted right now from the journey back :) CIAO!!

No comments: