Please Click This Before Reading :D

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Okane

Lemme be frank with you. You think that just cause you're a little less fortunate than the other students, you think everyone else is a snob? You think that just cause you're a little less well off than the other students, you think you've got the right to be pissed?

That's where you're wrong.

For one, there are people who are way, way less fortunate and way, way less well off than you. There are people loitering around alleyways and abandoned warehouses who use those places as a shelter to live in. Some aren't even lucky enough to find such places.  There are those who don't even have enough food to last a day, what more a week or so?

And don't tell me you're in that condition cause if you were, you wouldn't have enough to enroll yourself in school.

You're trying to tell me that everyone in the school is a snob and look down upon those who aren't so wealthy? Let me tell you this: Not all of them are snobs and not all of them are people who are wealthy. Some might even be in a worse condition than you, but do they complain? No, right? 

Rather than telling people that you're so poor and can't afford everything under the moon, I don't see you trying to do anything about it. 

And what's that talk about people who have enough money to last a month are rich? That's bullshit, do you know that? Do you even know the definition of "rich"? I'd rather not have you spouting complete nonsense just cause you can't get your facts right and your everyday life is getting to your head.

Do you know what "rich" means? It means people who have SO much money that they don't know what the hell to do with it, so they end up buying unnecessary stuff like jewelry, necklaces, branded stuff and Lord knows what else. You don't say people who have enough food to eat for a month are rich. For all you know, some people might have to eat less in portion to get through a month.

And what about me? You're trying to tell me I'm rich? You're trying to tell me I have a safe full of money? Are you accusing me of being able to live like this? 

Did you seriously think we could live like this if my parents didn't work hard? If my aunt didn't have to pitch in? If my granddad who's reaching his seventies didn't have to continue working? If my sister didn't learn to be independent and go off to Singapore with that scholarship? If I didn't try earning money in school so I wouldn't have to depend on my parents to give me pocket money?

*I won't mention my brother :P*

Forget it if you think we lived like this through easy money, okay? We strive forward and look to a brighter future. We have our ups and downs. Sales not going well, granddad undergoing surgery, grandma having cancer, stupid brother who can't earn money for peanuts *:P* and even me. It's not like I got money through indecent ways, right? I didn't steal, I didn't cheat, I didn't blackmail anyone into paying me money.

I didn't frame Andyy and the others into pitying me and giving me their food either. Sometimes, I survive through recess without food, you know that? I'm only this size because I have money of my own and I have snacks in my house -_-

Plus, a good majority of the food in my house aren't bought by my parents either. Thanks to my mom being a good teacher, her students look up to her and on special occasions like the Mooncake Festival or on her birthday, she gets presents and stuff from her students. We don't even have to buy mooncakes for the Mooncake Festival because we have plenty given by my mom's students.

Don't believe me? Ask my sister :)

Even on normal days, just as a sign of appreciation, my mom gets food from her students' moms who like to bake or earn a bakery. If my mom was a despicable woman of low caliber, you think we'd live like this?

And my dad. Just cause I tell you his occupation, you think he's some bigshot with plenty of money rolling into his wallet. If my dad didn't have a brain like he has now or smart thinking, you think we'd have cash? You think we'd have a car? You think we'd have Snowy? I don't think so. 

You know, sooner or later, if something went wrong with our lives, we'd have to give up Snowy, I'd be crying my eyes out, begging for my parents to take her back, but you know what? Life wouldn't be that simple. And I would certainly hate having to hear "We can't afford to buy her food and shampoo anymore. We just can't afford the price of having a dog anymore". I would go haywire. Crazy. But I wouldn't be able to do anything about it. Cause the damage is done. I can't look back.

Everyone works hard. Everyone plays a part in our well-being. We don't just sit around and pray money will fall from the sky. We don't mope around and think "Why did I have to be born into a not-so-wealthy family?

Trust me, I'm not offending you. I'm not saying you hate being in your family or if you hate that you're not so well off. But I'm just reminding you, that those who are rich or average in wealth have family members who support, encourage and contribute to what comes in the end.

So don't ask Cleo to shut up just because you're a little pissed. How often do I bring my purse to school? How often do I eat as much as I ate that day? I didn't even know about the condo till you told me.

Don't look around the table and blame the person closest to you. Cleo's just trying to help. She wouldn't do anything to hurt you. Though I don't know why. -_- 

And seriously, if I hear you crap about how rich people are those who can eat for a month, I'm seriously gonna lose my head and break your neck.

Ciao!! :)

No comments: