Please Click This Before Reading :D

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Sword Art Online Ep 10

Woo~

Alright, so this is technically late since it came out two days ago, but what with trials and me actually not-supposed-to-do-be-doing-this, I might as well do it now.

What'm I talkin about?

Sword Art Online Episode 10

And before you ask, yes, I skipped episodes 8 and 9. If you'd like to know what happened (if you don't already know), you may refer to the Episode 8 review here on Anime Evo and the Episode 9 review here, also on Anime Evo.


Right, I don't even know why it's called this -.-





For one, the battle between Heathcliff and Kirito only lasted...

Let's see...

I don't know...

2 minutes?

-.-








Honestly speaking, I expected a little more from the fighting scene. Credit given that the match was a one-strike win, it's still too short. 

And watching Kirito in this episode kind of deflated my love for him a bit.

A bit.

Frankly, I don't like guys who rush to their deaths.









Like how Kirito made the first move on Heathcliff after the countdown? 

Uh-huh.

 He was much more calm when he was facing off with the dragon in Episode 7.











Plus, I don't like the illustrations during the first few seconds in the battle. 

I mean, it's true that Heathcliff is apparently supposed to be awesome and super powerful (like what they seem to be discussing in the photo) but that doesn't mean Kirito has to be weak, right?

I think I just don't like exaggerated facial expressions -.-




So how did this:

become:



Yes, Kirito had to join the KoB because he "lost", (which is total BS 'cause Heathcliff used some kind of black magic, I swear).

And by the way, I don't care what Asuna says about how he looks now, but I absolutely detest his new white uniform.




It makes him look like retarded! If he had a body like Heathcliff's it would fit, but with a body like his, Kirito's better off with his black overalls.

Anyway...





Wanting to know why/how Kirito developed his uneasiness of being in a guild, Asuna questioned him about it and that's how she knew about his encounter with Sachi and the rest.

Which brings us to the photo on the right. I hate it when things like that happen.

Don't mislead the audience, dammit!








That aside, after reassuring Kirito that she wouldn't need his protection, the day ends.

The next day, I assume, a new character, a member from the KoB, says that Kirito is needed to train like everybody else.

After saying goodbye to Asuna, he goes to the entrance only to meet the bastard of a Kuradeel.



Why am I not surprised he went bananas? I mean, he looked like the type who would throw a tantrum if he didn't get the plushie he wanted -.-





The third box on the bottom is what I meant by "exaggerated facial expressions". It creeps me out. But that's just my POV.

Either way, this is Kuradeel in "action", piercing every part of Godfrey's RPG body.

He died, in the end, of course. Godfrey, I mean. I would've too, if I was paralyzed by drinking stuff spiked by Kuradeel and left with no teleporting crystals to save himself (which was Godfrey's fault entirely for insisting to keep all of their crystals).




Truthfully speaking, I wasn't too worried when I saw Kirito sprawled on the ground, still paralyzed.

I knew he'd be saved. He's the main character, for God's sake.

The only question was: Who'd be the one to save him?

Naturally, my first guess was Asuna, but I figured that if Heathcliff was a capable-enough guy to be the leader of KoB and beat (however unfairly) Kirito in a match, he should be smart enough to know if something was fishy with Kuradeel, right?







Obviously not, because Asuna came to his rescue, healed him with a crystal and then went all emotional.

Heck, what're you all still hesitating for? You already act like a married couple -.-









This part of the anime was especially awesome for me. Loved the expression in her eyes.

"You're SO dead."








Naturally, she nailed him without a second thought.

Without help or trouble, either.

What else to expect from the vice commander of the KoB?

The scene was interesting enough, with decent effects and displaying all of Asuna's feelings through her sword.





But Asuna's human, so naturally, at the sight of Kuradeel on his knees, palms over his head, crying "I don't wanna die!", Asuna hesitated.

My heartfelt opinion?

He should've just repented, rather than try to attack Asuna again.

By then, Kirito had already gotten over his paralysis and gone to save Asuna.

Bold move, I think (and romantic too), him jumping in front of Asuna and letting Kuradeel chop his hand off instead and delivering the awesome final blow.




And Asuna, being Asuna, got all emotional again, saying it was her fault that he got hurt.

Which, if you don't mind me speaking my mind again, I didn't get it. If Kirito's hand being chopped off meant not ever getting it back, I would understand her feelings, but it regenerated, right?

So why's she so sad? It isn't really her fault.





I'm not going to lie. I watched this episode three, four times because of this arc in the anime. I loved it so, so, so much :)

Kirito was so sweet and although his lines couldn't have been more cheesy, it still made my heart go キュン :P

It was pretty much a declaration of love here and it wasn't easy watching this via earphones on my couch with my mom catching forty winks adjacent from me.

Had to suppress my laughter :P


And that's pretty much it for this episode. My favourite episode so far from this series. I was getting worried, actually. The previous episode was explosive, but it felt a little rushed, so I was hoping this episode would make up for it.

Turns out I didn't have to worry, eh?

Can't wait for the next episode already :P

But, if you're looking for a second opinion, feel free to read Anime Evo's review on tenth episode here.

P/S: Please click on my Nuffnang ads :) Thanks!!

P/S/S: I'm a little anxious about Heathcliff, though. He didn't know about Kuradeel being in the Laughing Coffin and I'm sure he didn't win the match fairly. Why did he look so mad at the end of the battle too? 

Haiz~ So many questions~

No comments: