Please Click This Before Reading :D

Monday, September 3, 2012

Chinese Cottage @ Publika, Solaris Dutamas

Alright, so on the 22nd of August, after our trip to Singapore, my parents, aunt and I went to Publika for dinner. Quite unfortunately, I can't tell you why my brother did not join us today - for the simple reason that I can't remember.

Heck, I need to interrogate my family every time I draft my blog posts. That's how screwed up my mind is now.

-.-

So yeah, today, I'll be reviewing:

Chinese Cottage!!

This was completely unforeseen, by the way, because we had never heard of this place before and this is the first of its branches so we did not know if we could trust this place with our stomachs.



So this was pretty much what we ordered. My mom insisted on the green beans (top left). I wanted the sweet and sour pork (top right). 

Can't remember what soup (bottom left) we had but the steamed egg (bottom right) was a request from my mom as an exchange for no beancurd. 

I think it was because there were only the fried kinds.

-.- 





I ordered a passion fruit drink because I still think Chinese tea is cruel and unusual punishment :P

We didn't have dessert or anything of that sort because my mom believes in no-dessert dinners where I'm concerned.








This is the end product of our dinner. I know, I know. Not bad, right? Then again, my mom and aunt shared a cup of rice and the portions weren't very big, so... 

Yeah~

All in all:

3.5/5 for Food.

It's not fantastic, but it's really not bad either. Maybe if you're someone who's picky with their food and is a very hard critic to please, this might not be the place for you, but for people like me who are satisfied with anything, it's good.

4/5 for Service.

The waiters/waitresses were all good-natured and served us well on time so I'm satisfied with them in terms of service. There's always that one Head Waiter/Waitress in the restaurant who's extra nice to the customers, right? Yeah, well, she served us tonight. Maybe because not many people were in the restaurant in the first place.

3/5 for Cleanliness.

Maybe because it's new and everything so they haven't had the right amount of expenses to cover for the brooms, mops and whatnot, but it was kind of dirty. It's still a pleasant enough place to eat in, but if you're comparing it to places like Taang Shifu or Ichiban boshi then you're going to be greatly disappointed.

In the first place, Chinese Cottage is more of a Chinese roadside dai chao place for simple cuisine so maybe setting a branch up in Publika was too adventurous a step.

3.5/5 for Price.

Not too shabby. Not too overpriced. It's just about right for a family looking for a simple place to have dinner. 

To sum it all up, I wouldn't mind paying a second visit if they decide to boost their Cleanliness up a notch. And if their food changes for the better, I'm in no position to complain.

So far I only know of the branch in Publika, so here are the details:

Publika
D1-G3-9
Solaris Dutamas
Kuala Lumpur, Sri Hartamas

P/S: Please click on my Nuffnang ads :) Thanks!!

P/S/S: For a second opinion on the Chinese Cottage, you may refer to this website.

No comments: