Please Click This Before Reading :D

Friday, March 16, 2012

Watashi Ni XX Shinasai



Okay, this manga was one that I had begun reading quite some time ago. Up until a certain chapter, I was fine with it, but as I continued on, I kinda got annoyed with it.

Let me start from the beginning anyway.

This manga tells the story of a girl, Himoru Yukina. She's extremely silent and calling her anti-social would be an understatement. Other than her cousin, Shimotsuki Akira, she literally speaks to and shows interest in knowing nobody at all.

That is, of course, until she finds out that her "fans" want to read about love in her novels. You see, secretly, Yukina is a phone novelist under the alias "Yupina". Of course, nobody knows of this and she has no intentions of revealing who she actually is. 

The only problem is... She has zero experience in things related to love. She's been alone for all her life when it comes to people in school and outside her house, so naturally, she'd be ignorant when it comes to love. 

At a loss at what to do, Yukina is suddenly struck with an idea when she finds out - by pure accident - that the most popular guy in her class, Kitami Shigure (your typical bishounen), is actually a playboy with a facade. He's also ultra bad-tempered and has a rotten heart.

After gathering enough evidence of his... habits(??), she confronted him and blackmails him into doing whatever she wants in order for her to experience love.

So yeah~ Needless to say, he gets super irritated with her. Eventually, of course, like every other sappy manga, he falls for her and vice versa.

Things only get more complicated when her cousin starts to acknowledge his feelings for her too. Ooh, and, not to mention, when Shigure's childhood friend, Mizuno Mami, appears out of the blue and declares that Shigure is his -.-

Right, so let's see why I dislike this manga.

Reason One: The guy is seriously an asshole. 

And I mean an asshole to the extent where even I can't bear his shitty attitude towards her. Sometimes, I actually prefer it that the guy acts like an ass, then comes to his senses, but Shigure is stupid to the max. Can't stand his character at all. And that's rare, coming from a person like me, who likes it when the main characters hate each other in the beginning.

Reason Two: The girl is seriously an asshole.

Wait, correction, she's not an asshole. She's just plain stupid. Why the frick would she continue using him if he treated her the way he did? If it were me - hell was that ever gonna happen, but it's hypothetical - I would've chosen someone else. Even if he's cute -.-

Reason Three: Akira's a much better match.

This is extremely rare in my case. It's almost non-existent. I think this is the only manga where I'm actually rooting for a supporting character to get the girl. The only other one is Parfait Tic. Yes, I'm on the other twin's side because I think her first boyfriend was a jackass. Back to the current manga, Akira is actually a better person than Shigure. He's kind, caring, and he's been with her since they were small. 

I've always had a thing for manga whose characters end up with their childhood friends -.-

You know, the whole "the one you like is closer than you think" theory?

Yeah~

Reason Four: Mami.

That's all I can say. Mami. Shigure, you nitwit, she's already there. Just grab her and go? Leave Yukina alone. And vice versa. Yukina's got Akira. She doesn't need an idiot like Shigure. Since Shigure's so used to Mami and her mood wings and temperamental personality, why can't he just stick to taking care of her? Eeesh.

Lastly: The whole concept is a little retarded.

No one in their right minds would do stuff like pretending to go out with someone they don't like, holding hands for an hour, resist temptation (that was particularly stupid, though my heart raced -.-), bite the nape of someone's neck, nurse someone, confess, and forcefully kiss?

Hello? Earth to Touyama Ema-san? 

I can't believe I'm saying this, but if I'm ever lucky enough to have her read this and understand: I want her to end up with Akira. Seriously. But I already know that's never gonna happen.

Either way, it's worth a try -.-

This is available in MangaFox, MangaEden, and every other manga-reading website, I think. It has 31 chapters, last I checked, and if you don't mind all the glitches I mentioned, you should enjoy this :)

CIAO!!

P/S: Please click on my Nuffnang ads :) Thanks!!

No comments: