Please Click This Before Reading :D

Monday, May 30, 2011

~28/05/2011~

Amazing how much crap surfaces when you go on trips.

*          *          *

Ola. I just came back from my Tanjong Puteri trip with other UBS and school members :) Overall, I think it was really fun and I would've liked to stay longer except I couldn't :(

Lemme start from the beginning, shall I?

I woke up at 6:00, really excited. Bathed, packed last minute stuff, snuck my SP into my Kipling bag and then left to school with my dad. I actually wanted to bring the guitar along, but I figured I'd be biting off more than I could chew, so I left it at that.

Reached there earlier than Joey did so I just walked about. Our school's Chinese Society was having their one-day camp at our school too so I spoke a little to Haylie and even watched a quarter of our performance on Teacher's Day. Haha.

But that day was another bit of drama altogether, so... :)

Anyways, soon after, Joey arrived too. I asked about why E Syn wasn't coming along and she told me that her one of her grandparents had passed on. I murmured my condolences, then waited as the school bus came along, as did all the others that were also going on the trip.

Once in the bus, our teacher briefed us on a game that we were going to be playing throughout the trip called "My Secret Friend." The concept was really interesting and I couldn't wait for the game to begin. It actually goes like this:

1. First, you pick a name out of a plastic bag. You then become the secret friend of the person whose name you picked.

2. As a secret friend, you're supposed to give little presents or gifts to your friend to show that you're watching over them. I guess it's something like being the guardian angel of that person.

3. At the end of everything, the secret friend is revealed.

Yeah, so shortly after we boarded the bus, we all picked a name out of the plastic bag that was handed around. We also had to write our names behind the pieces of paper so the teachers could keep track of whose secret friend belonged to which person.

My secret friend turned out to be Joey.

How uncanny, right? Actually, it's not that she was sitting next to me that she was my secret friend, but the fact that she had drawn her own name when it was her turn. Her name must've been at the top and I just happened to choose her name.

God, you don't know how tricky it was to be her secret friend. First, I had to find another person to say was the person whose name I drew so she wouldn't suspect me. In the end, I just muttered some kind of syllable and she made the name up for me. I told her I didn't know who it was so she made it a point to show me later.

We had our breakfast at one of the R&Rs along the way to Pasir Gudang. That's when I first gave her a gift. We had some pearl drinks. I paid for her first because her wallet was somewhere else, I think, and then we all went to the toilet. When we came out, I told her her secret friend had given me the money for her drink so she didn't have to pay me back.

She was all, "Oh my God, I feel so guilty."

Haha. Hilarious.

Next up, we had lunch somewhere a little before Pasir Gudang. Okay, I can't really remember, so let's just skip that, kay? But I think I got her a key chain around that time and said it was from her secret friend. I told her that since I was always with her, her secret friend must have decided to pass everything from her to Joey through me.

And she believed me.

:P

God, when we reached the villas, at first, I was all, "Ugh, THAT'S what we're staying in?" because the outward appearance didn't strike me as "nice". Puan Song read out all the members belonging to each villa as well as handed out the guest IDs to each villa head. Our villa head was Joey, so she gave us our IDs after receiving them from Puan Song.

The moment we turned the key in the lock and pushed the door open, we were awed. It was SO different from what I imagined. It was air conditioned, it had a plasma TV in the living room, a proper dining room, a spacious kitchen, and a bedroom on the ground floor.

The second floor had ANOTHER living room with ANOTHER plasma TV and THREE other bedrooms, one being the master bedroom. Kiran, Joey and I booked the master bedroom since we were both the eldest and we figured I'd take up a lot of space :P

We shared the villa with some other Form 2s so we all got to know each other. Ch'ng Mun from the Librarian Board was also in our villa, so we were all very friendly with each other. Made friends with two other Malay girls too: Aly and ZaZa. Bieber also shared the same villa so... :)

Of course, not Justin Bieber. I'm referring to the Bieber look-a-like in our school that I'm sure most of my friends know :)

Haha.

We all unpacked our stuff then met up again with our teachers and other students to discuss our dinner and other stuff like that. We soon got prepared to go for our bowling practice. See, we had a competition tomorrow and our teacher got us a free practice session that night so... :) It felt really good. I remember bowling some spares, but no strikes :)

For dinner, we went to a mamak stall. I had a roti telur and an iced Milo. It wasn't too bad. I also had a fried chicken and the Indian crackers that evening.

I actually wanted to treat Joey's dinner that evening as a gift from her secret friend, but she paid ahead of me, so I couldn't treat her anything further on the first day.

Later that night, in the villa, we watched some TV, played some UNO, then went to bed at around 1 something :)

That's about it for the 28th :) I'll blog about the following days in the following posts :P CIAO!!

P/S: Please click on my Nuffnang ads :) Thanks a bunch!!

No comments: