Please Click This Before Reading :D

Friday, January 18, 2013

大学

Today's million-dollar question: Who determines how long 'long' is?

*          *          *

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I have finally decided to update my dead blog, yes.

-.-

One of the main reasons I haven't been blogging is because I've been too lazy. That, and being a college student takes up a lot of my time.

I find myself coming back home and wanting to dive face-first into my fluffy-yet-not-so-fluffy bed and just shut my eyes for an indefinite time.

-.-

Yes, I am now a college student. In some ways I'm ecstatic and in other ways, I'm absolutely regretting starting college early. Maybe I should have waited~~~

No, I shouldn't. Know why? By then, my moral studies subject would be in BM once again and my Law course would take up two years.

I can do without the extra 6 months with the same lecturer. He'd kill me.

Ahh~ You've guessed it right, I absolutely detest my Law lecturer. He is the epitome of prejudice, and the definition of a 'pious bastard'. I swear, if you look the word up in the Dictionary, you'd see his face plastered there, holding a Bible and a cross.

The first few days were the most unbearable. He said that he didn't need to refer to the textbook and started rambling on and on and on about things he wasn't even sure about.

And while all that was going on, my friends and I were exchanging glances, silently swearing and placing our palms against our respective foreheads.

Then he started using presentations – that he did not even design, mind you – and then lessons got a little better because he finally knew what he was talking about. And even then he sometimes make wrong references and apologises at an average of 7 times per lesson.

Aiseh~

I do generally like the subject, though. It's informative and if you ignore the lecturer's incompetence during classes and really absorb the data, one'll find that the English Legal System is indeed, interesting.

My other subjects are fine, though. I'm taking Psychology, English Literature and Business Studies.

Have you ever had a subject which you dread but once classes start, you find yourself absorbed in whatever the lecturer's saying?

That's Business Studies for me. My lecturer is quite a teensy bit boring, but the information I get from the lesson makes it worth it. I love being able to apply it to real life situations – especially when I get to ask my dad about why he makes certain decisions in his business.

A lot of writing is needed for Business Studies; our lecturer believes in making and taking down notes through presentations during class. I, to save time, have a habit of using rough paper to quickly jot down the notes so I don't waste time and get to listen to the lecturer.

Not that that makes any difference, because the rest of my classmates write so damn slowly. Either way, it will hardly affect me because I'll be listening to the lecturer whilst the rest concentrate more on how to spell 'diseconomies' without screwing it up.

-.-

I expected more from English Literature. I guess it's partly because of the lecturer. I'm not saying she's a bad lecturer, I'm just saying I probably prefer a different one. Is it her personality? Her character? I don't know, really. I just don't find myself looking forward to it as much as Psychology.

Not to mention we're doing Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. She's even thinking of letting us watch the BBC version of Jane Eyre. I don't want to watch it, though. Mainly because I have already seen it and I'm friggin' scared of it.

The poems are based on the theme of 'Home'. Not too bad, but I dislike a few of the poems because they make little or no sense. It's part of the fun, I know, but there's a limit to how many definitions a series of words can have, right?

One thing I like about English Literature is the assignments, though. I love writing. I do. There's nothing I love more in the world than sitting down and writing about something I love. I find myself wanting to keep writing and writing and writing whenever I'm given any questions that involve essay writing. I don't even mind when I get a bad mark because that means I always have room for improvement.

:) I'm weird like that.

Psychology is probably the best? My lecturer is a bit 4D though. He insists on either be called 'Sir' or just Mr Loo. Not even 'teacher' or his name. I mean, I get why his actual name is off-limits, but 'teacher'?

-.-

Bleghh~

I call him by his surname, either way.

I love Psychology. I love what I learn through it, even the experiments and different kinds of Psychology. I learnt about Prejudice and Discrimination recently and I find it really amazing how Psychology can explain so many things about how people behave in a particular situation and in a particular society.

Love it, love it, love it :)

My lecturer is also the kind of lecturer who inserts indifferent sarcasm in his lectures, so we can laugh in class and lighten up the atmosphere during lessons :)

Just had a test today. Wasn't too bad, but it's bloody pressuring having my lecturer looming over my paper and commenting: "Incomplete".

O.O

Holy shit.

So yeah, that's a short overview of my college life so far. I've only had two weeks of it and I look forward to more lessons, though the only reason I hate it is because my Mondays through Wednesdays consist of my needing to wake up at 6 in the morning to get to school for lessons at 8am.

-.-

I'll try to be more consistent in my blogging routine :) But for now, that's all.

CIAO!!

P/S: Please click on my Nuffnang ads :) Thanks!!

No comments: