Please Click This Before Reading :D

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Astarotte no Omocha



It's been long since I reviewed any of the animes I watched, so I'm just going to review the ones I've watched before, but never really got around to reviewing.

This has been out for quite some time now. They're in stores too, but I didn't buy it because I watched everything online. This one's called Astarotte no Omocha, which literally translates to Astarotte's Toy.

It tells the story of a ten-year-old succubus princess, Astarotte (also known as Lotte), who has just come of age. In this anime, it is customary for a coming-of-age succubus to have a male harem. Quite unfortunately, due to an incident in previous years where Astarotte walked in on her mother and some other dude. Due to this, she is insistent that she will never have a male harem.

However, since everyone around her was pestering her to have a male harem because it was her "duty" as a succubus princess, she relented on the condition that a human male joined the harem.

Once again, quite unfortunately for her, they managed to run into Tohara Naoya, whom, under very complicated circumstances, was brought to their world to be a part of Astarotte's harem.

Oh, and he brought his ten-year-old daughter, Asuha, as well.

This anime is... quite alright, except for the fact that I think it's twisted because of Naoya's past with Astarotte's mother, Mercelida. I hated Mercelida because she made Naoya part of HER harem too, which means Asuha is a product of their... err... togetherness -_-

Bleghh~ That's just SO wrong.

I like Naoya. He's nice and cute. But he's an asshole as well. They never end up together. It's animes like these - where the main character is just too friggin' young to "end up" with anyone - that piss the shit out of me.

Eeesh.

Either way, that's just from my point of view. A few ecchi scenes here and there, but hey, animes nowadays are bound to have that sort of element in one way or another in them. Not a personal favourite, but I got by it.

Love the ending song, though, "Manatsu no Photograph". You would've seen it already if you've been diligently following my blog previously :)

Haha.

Astarotte Ygvar *Kugimiya Rie*
- Alphonse Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)
- Shana (Shakugan no Shana)
- Louise (Zero no Tsukaima)
- Rizel (Rizelmine)
- Hotaru (Gakuen Alice)
- Taiga (Toradora)

Tohara Naoya *Sato Rina*
- Negi (Negima! Master Negi Magi)
- Ichijo (School Rumble)
- Ibuki (Asu no Yoichi)
- Mayu (Bleach)
- Yumie (Seikon no Qwaser)

That's about it, then :) CIAO!!

P/S: Please click on my Nuffnang ads :) Thanks!!

No comments: