Please Click This Before Reading :D

Saturday, November 5, 2011

~29/10/2011~

Today's million-dollar question: If you could resurrect one person, who would you resurrect and why?

*          *          *

Ola :)

Haiz~ Guess there's really nothing to be happy about. I lost my grandmother that night. You know, she was fine before this. I mean, yeah, she had to be admitted into the hospital, but once she was in there, she gradually got better.

She started eating more, she spoke more, and she even regained her sense of humour.

Everyone was really happy about it. Especially my mom, aunt and grandpa. I'm sure my sister was glad too.

And even now I'm wondering, "Why did it have to end?"

Naturally, I already knew the reason in my mind: It's to bring her suffering to a stop. And honestly, I think I'm really thankful she finally passed on because she doesn't have to tolerate being an invalid anymore.

My grandma was never a person who liked to rely on other people. She was very, very independent. From what my sister said, she was the one who took care of her younger siblings. She had a younger sister and a younger brother. I think I mentioned before, but her brother - who is my Kau Kung - is 19 years younger than my grandma. He's only four years older than my mom.

Yeah~

That Saturday morning, my grandma was finally discharged from Sunway Hospital and brought back home. I, on the other hand, had a lot of tuition lessons going on. In the evening, my mom and brother went up to PJ to see my grandma at 7 o'clock and I stayed behind to study.

I also watched the 2-hour simulcast of Terra Nova.

Then, when my mom and brother came back at 11, not an hour later, my mom got a phone call from my aunt saying my grandma had suddenly stop breathing.

You know that feeling when someone says "My grandma just passed away" or "My grandpa just passed away" or just "My granduncle passed away"? When you hear about the death of someone in your friend's family who aren't their parents? You automatically think, "Oh, it's probably not such a big deal."

Hell, this was torture.

After my dad came back and got dressed, the whole family went into the Teana and drove off to our grandparents' place in PJ.

You wouldn't have wanted to be there at that point of time.

My aunt was literally wailing. She couldn't stop crying. She kept blaming herself and the people around her. She said she should've noticed the signs and done things quicker. She kept calling for my grandma to wake up because she really couldn't accept the fact that she was gone.

Just watching that alone made me cry so hard.

I thought I'd be able to hold it back, you know? But looking at your family member's lifeless body for the first time wasn't something one was supposed to be prepared for. This was a first for me. I'd never seen my paternal grandparents' lifeless bodies before so how was I supposed to react that night?

My grandpa too. He cried and weeped. For someone like my grandpa, who's so frail and weak that we're afraid he might break down any time, we were scared shitless.

I was up till 2 o'clock in the morning, whilst the rest of my family members consoled my aunt and went to settle the police reports. The pastor came and so did my ex-music teacher. Auntie Bala and Fi came too. Auntie Bala cried like anything. They were so close.

My sister was so shocked when she heard the news too. I couldn't imagine how it must've felt for her, because she was the one who'd been with my grandma the longest among us siblings. She stayed with them in PJ for 5 years since her high school was Sri Aman.

She loved my grandma so much.

At 2 I went to sleep because everyone was afraid of my epileptic condition. My parents only went home at 4. They didn't wake me up because they wanted me to get enough sleep.

That's about it for the 29th. Will blog about the 30th in the next post.

CIAO!!

P/S: Please click on my Nuffnang ads :) Thanks!!

No comments: