Please Click This Before Reading :D

Monday, August 13, 2012

Kim Lian Kee @ AEON, Cheras Selatan

Another food review? 

Wow, I must be on a roll!

That aside, this place is called Kim Lian Kee and apparently specializes in Hokkien cuisine. My dad heard about it from an acquaintance who said it was quite good so we decided to give it a try.



This was the end product of our dinner. Quite unfortunately, I wasn't able to take a picture of it before it was completely and mercilessly ravaged by yours truly and famiglia.

The second box contains my drink - Orange juice. The others had the usual Chinese tea -.-

Those who know me would know there's no way I'd subject myself to such cruel and unusual punishment :P



This is how the restaurant looks like from the inside. In the first box, you can see the name of the restaurant in Mandarin.

All the newspaper-clippings are supposed to tell everybody how great and how far they've come, I suppose.

And it was friggin' crowded when we went. My mouth was ajar the whole way until we sat at the table -.- The fourth box should be enough to prove my statement.



But I'll add all these anyway:


Look at the amount of people waiting outside? It's unfathomable.

Why?

Let's see:

2/5 for Food. For a restaurant so greatly praised for its food, I'm very, very surprised. Their fu kin mai fan meen tasted a wee bit bitter, the sui gao left a funny aftertaste, the soup(s) was bad and the beansprout dish was sour

O.O

1/5 for Service. I didn't think I'd never need to give such a low rating for anything at all, but this place deserves it. The waitresses were rude! And ignorant! They didn't know what to do about anything and snatched dishes away from our hands like we were the banes of their existence. There was only one waiter who was good-natured enough to apologize for tardiness or the sour beansprouts.

3/5 for Cleanliness. The tables were sticky and when we asked the waiters to wipe 'em a bit, they just gave us tissue

Yeah, if tissue could solve all our issues, I'd be a very happy person. 

But other than that, it was alright. That's why: 3/5.

2/5 for Price. The food did little to sate the hunger in us since they were not appetizing. Yet, we were charged RM110++. For a restaurant in a mall, it's not too bad, but only if the food's good. With all the sucky service and less-than-tasty food, it's not worth it at all.

And that pretty much sums it up. Given a choice, I would never pay a second visit, even if my only other option was Taang Shifu, packed with people.

Uh-huh. Sorry, Kim Lian Kee, but no way.

Then again, I can only vouch for the outlet in Cheras Selatan. So, if you insist on going, here are the details:

Lot 10 Shopping Complex
50, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50200 Kuala Lumpur

Chinatown
49, Jalan Petaling,
50000 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03 - 2032 4984

Viva Home Mall
Lot 1-11, 1st Floor
Viva Home Mall

AEON Cheras Selatan
Lot G36, Cheras Selatan Shopping Centre,
Lebuh Tun Hussein Onn,
43200 Balakong, Selangor
Tel: 016 - 637 7268

P/S: Please click on my Nuffnang ads :) Thanks!!

No comments: