Please Click This Before Reading :D

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Exams again? Why weren't we born smart instead of bald, brainless little rats?

Aiseh... Exams... Why couldn't the Lord have made humans give birth to smart babies instead of bald, brainless little rats? Haiz... That way, there would be no such things as exams or tests in the first place! They've already came up with UPSR, PMR and SPM, isn't that enough? What's with the entrance exams to High School or mid-term exams? Already everyone would be working their bottoms off during the UPSR, PMR and SPM season, did they HAVE to put a few more extra large steps into our lives? Honestly, sometimes, I just want to curse the teachers!

Anyway, enough with all that, it's back to reality now...

Since my parents wouldn't be able to make it back home till very late afternoon tomorrow, my mother arranged my "send-and-fetch" plan. Turns out I would be "tumpang-ing" Auntie Rina's car to school and from school. We've got a lot of news from our parents when they were in Shanghai. They've already bought a pair of new pants for my sister. They told us they were walking around till their legs almost gave way. (I'm exaggerating ^ ^) They bought lots of stationery sets from the Music Fair they had at Shanghai. Hopefully, my siblings and I get our share! ^_^

The only thing I want from Shanghai is a Nintendo DS/Gameboy. And my parents in one piece when they get back home, of course, but yeah... My brother requested a PSP from them but my dad said no. Duh, I mean, come on, do you know how expensive they are? The conversation was like this:-

Dad: So, are there any things you want from Shanghai?

Me: A Gameboy!

Dad (frowning): Gameboy? Girl, how old are you ah? Gameboy is old news already lo!

Me: So? Please la, daddy! I want a Gameboy! Either that or a Nintendo DS, because I want to play this game called Nintendogs. It's a virtual reality game! It's really cool! So, daddy, please la!

Dad: No la!

Me: PLEEEEAAAASE!!!

But my dad shook his head. Guess when this all took place? Tuesday night when our grandparents (from my mom's side) came to pick us up, because we were planning on staying there for three days. My parents were leaving on Tuesday too, but we left earlier than them. My dad was asking us what we all wanted from Shanghai for the last time. (Trust me, this wasn't the first time he was asking us what we wanted. And it wasn't the first time I begged for the Gameboy/Nintendo DS either) The conversation goes on more like this:-

Me: At least TRY to get me one!

Dad (Rather reluctantly): Okay la, okay la.

Me: Yay!

Dad: But honestly, I don't know if they sell there a not.

I gave him a cold glare.

Dad: Really, I'm not lying.

Me: Ala, daddy, please la, try!

Dad: Eh, I said I'll try, right? You believe me a not?

Me (staring at him closely): Fine, but you must really TRY ah?!

My dad nodded. Then, my brother entered the conversation. He was inside my grandpa's car (my dad and I were outside the car, waiting for me to go in).

Brother: Ala, you see? Buy for her the Nintendo/Gameboy then don't buy for me a PSP la!

Dad (rather in disbelief): Eh, we buy for you don't know how many things also Mei Mei (little sister in chinese) didn't complain. Now Mei Mei ask for ONE thing only, you angry ah?

My brother closed his mouth.

Dad: I buy for you the pants from Tesco also Mei Mei didn't complain. I buy for you the badminton racquet also Mei Mei didn't complain.

Brother (finally finding his voice at last): She doesn't want them also lo!

Dad: Yeah! And that's a good thing! Now she only wants one thing also you don't let. How la you become her brother then?

My brother lapsed into silence. So, I continued instead...

Me: So, daddy, you must try ah?

Dad: Yes, yes. Now, get into the car. Try not to make Popo (Grandma in chinese) angry, okay? And don't use the computer to much, ah?

Me: Okay, okay.

And with that, I went into the car and we set off. My brother was sulking in the car. My sister was curious, so she asked me why.

Me: That's because daddy said he would try and find the Gameboy for me but he won't buy the PSP for koko (Brother in Chinese).

Sister: Oh...

So, we went off...

Well, that's all I'll tell you! I have to go now, bloggie! Or Blogger might suddenly go Cuckoo! Ciao, little bloggie! I'll write ya later on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehe ... sorry for your brother la ... hehe .. you're so lucky!!
^-^ .. i'm jealous ... not fair! HOw come my sister is better then me ...? me jealous .. :( oh ya .. one more thing .. say hi 2 your brother for me k?