Please Click This Before Reading :D

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Remembrance




It is on this sad day that Apple lost a visionary. He was the person who changed the way technology is viewed today. With each product, the people of the world found various new ways to contact their loved ones, share memories and just have plain fun. The Macintosh, the Mac Book, the Mac Book Air, the iPod, the iPod Touch, the iPhone and the iPad are now widely used in more than 80 countries (rough estimate).

But it does not stop just there. Each time a product is released, at least one new software is also introduced to the world. The iOS-es, for example. New concepts are demonstrated and they somehow manage to make it more user-friendly with each new release. The devices itself are marvels to behold with Dual Core Processors, Gyroscope, awesome camera functions, awesome battery life and the list goes on.

Now iCloud and the iOS 5 are about to see the light. Once again, it was he that made this all possible, with the help of his trustable and reliable subordinates-cum-friends (I'm pretty sure).

That, is Steve Jobs, the man who, on this day - the 6th of October, passed away at only 56 years old.

From here on out, everything I type will be my personal opinion, so don't judge me! (Inside joke :P) Honestly, I cannot believe Steve Jobs is now gone. I've watched every single Apple Special Event in which he appeared in (which technically means I've watched literally every single Apple Special Event) and I've always been amazed at how Apple can come up with such complex-yet-user-friendly stuff that is on the market today.

Almost all my direct family members own at least one Apple product. We have the Snow Leopard, I'm in possession of an iPad, my sister and uncle use an iPhone 4, my parents each find incredible use in their iPhone 3Gs, my sister has a Mac Book, and my aunt and uncle (my mom's sister and her husband) jointly use an iPad 2. I think the only people in my direct family who have not the fortune of owning personal Apple devices are my brother and my aunt (my dad's sister).

This does not mean our family is rich enough to afford all these things (though I know of one family who literally owns each kind of Apple product :P) but it goes to show that we trust in its functions and abilities to make working, learning and playing so much easier. And I'm very sure Apple users around the world can vouch for me.

Quoting Apple, it just works.

That's the magic behind the scenes. Other phone and laptop companies have tried - pretty much in vain - to imitate these fantastic machines but they can only barely scratch the floor at which Apple stands. The BlackBerry, the Samsung Galaxy Tabs, they all try their hardest to emulate Apple but that's just it. All they can do is try their best, 'cause only Apple can stand above the rest.

That the man standing behind Apple as we watch the world of technology unfold before our very eyes is now dead, I'm certain everyone is left dumbfounded. I actually didn't know of this until my mom told me after I wished her Happy Birthday.

Ironic, isn't it? The celebration of birth of a beloved came in conjunction with the mournful death of a prodigy. In fact, it's been the other way around for me too, because the celebration of birth of a prodigy came in conjunction with the mournful death of a beloved (my grandpa, on the 24th of February - which is the day Steve Jobs was born).

Tim Cook, you'd better keep Apple and Jobs' reputation soaring above the clouds, because they have done the world the greatest good any other machine can possibly jointly offer.

With this tragedy, we mustn't dwell. We shouldn't be sad he passed, but be thankful he was born.

Goodbye, Steve Jobs, and may you silently watch over the growth of your company while you rest in peace.

P/S: Please click on my Nuffnang ads :) Thanks!!

P/S/S: Keep supporting Apple products!!

No comments: