Please Click This Before Reading :D

Monday, April 22, 2013

Bangkok Beat Bistro @ Empire Shopping Gallery, Subang Jaya

Whoo~ Haven't done a food review in 9 months now. Seriously, the last time I reviewed a restaurant was on the 22nd of August, 2012, on The Chinese Cottage. But it's nice to do something like this once in a while, although it eats up a lot of my time.

That aside, today, the 21st of April (also my darling sister's birthday), my family and I, excluding my sister who was still in Singapore, went to the Empire Shopping Gallery to eat at...

Bangkok Beat Bistro!!


The picture above is pretty much the interior and the signboard of the restaurant. My family got a table for 5 and started ordering :)




This is a picture of the bistro's menu. It's printed on a back-to-back hard-cover A3-sized (I think) paper. 

Plenty of food, as you can see. I think if you click on the pictures, you'll be able to make out the prices and food names :P
 My family decided against a la carte today, so we ordered white rice and side dishes.

Top left: Pomelo Salad with Shrimp. It's one of the best-sellers and is a bit spicy.

Top right: Deep-Fried Spring Rolls with Thai Sweet Chilli Dip. Bit pricy, but it's nice.

Bottom left: Soft-Shell Crab in Mellow Yellow Curry. One word: Fantastic.

Bottom right: Glass Noodle Salad with Seafood. No comment.
And here, we have the Grilled Chicken Loin with Lettuce Wrap. Also very good.

I ordered the Massaman Beef Curry too, but unfortunately, I didn't put the picture here. I don't feel too bad, because I didn't really like it.

My parents also ordered two kinds of tom yum soup: Seafood in Red Tom Yum and Chicken in Red Tom Yum.

The big glass of Orange Juice is mine, by the way :P





As the name suggests, by the right is the desserts!!

My parents ordered two servings of Red Ruby with Coconut Ice Cream and the Mango Sticky Rice.

Quite unfortunately, my parents didn't fancy the Mango Sticky Rice. I'll mention why in the comments below :)

And lastly, here we have a picture of all of us looking downright happy :) Had to take quite a few pictures first, though, because some of us weren't looking at the camera properly :P

All in all:

4/5 for Food.

Everything was pretty much very good except for only a few things. Firstly, the white rice was very soft and so, it all clumped together. Maybe it was just for that batch, but either way, we had to eat that "lembap" rice -.-

Secondly, we didn't fancy the Mango Sticky Rice dish. The santan was probably from a canned source and the mango slices were sour. The sticky rice itself was very nice, though, and despite the previous comment, we finished everything :)

5/5 for Service.

I don't think I've given 5/5 for Service before, but the service in Bangkok Beat is great because it's immediate. One waiter in particular: Faizal, was very attentive and sought to please all customers so... 

Yeah~

4/5 for Ambience.

Very nice atmosphere. Seats were comfortable (maybe because we sat in the couch area :P) and they played pretty much mostly slow and steady songs. At one point, they played a lot of Taylor Swift songs, though. But after that, they went on to The Band Perry, AeroSmith and others.

The only reason this is not rated 5/5 is because we can hear the noises from the kitchen, so everything around us is magnified. In the end, if we have to talk to each other, we have to increase our volumes too. 

But this is not really an important thingy so... :)

5/5 for Cleanliness.

It's pretty much clean. Tables weren't sticky upon entry and the floors had minimal rubbish (bits and pieces of paper, maybe?). 

4/5 for Price.

I don't think I'll ever give a 5/5 for Price, and that's for a very practical reason: I'm stingy. Either way, the price of our visit cost us RM260.05. My brother and I guessed as much so it must mean it was to be expected, right? My aunt thought it would cost us RM300+ O.O

This pretty much sums everything up :) If I'm with my family in the Empire Shopping Gallery again, maybe I'll give this place another visit (because the Soft Shell Crab dish was amazing). 

Here are the details to the restaurant. I think they only have one branch, though:

Empire Shopping Gallery
47500 Subang Jaya,
Selangor Darul Ehsan,
+60 3 5637 8488

P/S: Please click on my Nuffnang ads :) Thanks!!

P/S/S: I actually didn't want to eat here. Rejected quite vehemently, but now I don't really regret it :) So here's a piece of advice: give it a try :P

No comments: