Please Click This Before Reading :D

Friday, April 26, 2013

Aal Ameen @ Singapore

Okay, so lately, I've been down to Singapore to watch my sister's senior recital in YST. The next day, she brought us to this Indian place for a small snack-slash-dinner. I'm not sure what the place is called but from its name on the menu, here's the review for:

Aal Amaan!!



 So here's a picture of the cover of the restaurant's menu

Just to clear things up: No, that's not all that the restaurant offers. I just didn't have the patience to take a picture of every single page in the menu -.-

Make do with whatever I took, okay?
Top left: Butter chicken. A definite must-have when you decide to go there.

Top right: Palak Paneer. Yeah, when I know what the heck that means, I'll type it here but for now, it's "the green stuff".

Bottom left: Mixed Platter Chicken. Not to say it's delicious, but it's not bad either.

Bottom right: Butter Naan, Plain Naan & Cheese Naan. All in 1 basket. Sure, don't worry, we know which is which -.-



 Top left: Black Pepper Beef. According to my brother, it's really good

Top right: Yam Shake. I'm not a fan of yam-flavoured food/drinks but I'm guessing it wasn't bad. The marshmallows were a nice touch.

Bottom left: Teh Tarik. No comment.

Bottom right: Chicken Pataya. Really good stuff. The egg was well cooked and complemented the enveloped fried rice.

This is just a collage of the exterior and interior of the restaurant. It was right by the roadside so there were no air conditioners :)

All in all:

4/5 for Service.

The waiters (because the majority were men) were very attentive. They are vigilant, to say the least, and I would have given this a perfect rating except they were slow in action

For example, I ordered a cup of iced water when they took our orders. However, it never came. When I asked for it a second time (after a while), they still failed to give it to me. I had to ask for it another couple of times (with help from my dad) before I finally got to drink anything -.-

But I still gave this 4/5 because they were very alert. For example, when a family friend of ours was fanning herself to keep warm, a waiter offered to switch the fan on.

4/5 for Food.

The gravy/curry was good. The only thing I found missing was in the food itself. I didn't really like it because it tasted quite bland. That is, of course, only my opinion. Other people seemed to enjoy it, so...

-.-

The rice dishes like the Black Pepper Beef and the Chicken Pataya were really good though.

5/5 for Cleanliness.

I don't have a particular comment for this. The tables weren't sticky upon entry and the floor was generally clean. Not a lot of rubbish.

3/5 for Ambience.

The place was only a small area so it was quite tight-squeezed. Also, fans were used so there wasn't much ventilation. Nothing too serious though.

4/5 for Price.

Ahh~ Like I said, no perfect rating for price :P Either way, the prices are reasonable but it would be a bit pricey if converted to Malaysian Ringgit.

Well, to sum it all up, I wouldn't mind a second visit (I wanna try their Oreo Shakes :P). Unfortunately, they didn't have a restaurant card so I couldn't get any details such as addresses or phone numbers :( I just know it's in Singapore :P

That's about it, then. CIAO!!

P/S: Please click on my Nuffnang ads :) Thanks!!

No comments: