Please Click This Before Reading :D

Friday, April 19, 2013

リトリチャ Ep 20 (3)

Here's the third and final part to this Ep :)

*          *          *

Question:
Write a character sketch about St John Rivers and answer the following questions:-

- How was Christianity portrayed in them?
- What were the effects on Jane Eyre?
- The effects on you as a reader.

Answer:

- Religious
- Kind
- Forceful
- Demanding
- Austere

- Christianity to St John Rivers is a duty. He quotes: "I claim you – not for my pleasure, but for my Sovereign's service".

- It makes Jane Eyre uncomfortable because she is not accustomed to God's ways.

- As a reader, we get the feeling that Christianity means a permanent sense of duty, as portrayed by St John's insistence on Jane Eyre's attachment to him.

Comment: Good.

~#~

Wasn't so satisfied with just "good", but oh well, I'll get better :P

CIAO!!

P/S: Please click on my Nuffnang ads :) Thanks!!

No comments: