Please Click This Before Reading :D

Friday, April 19, 2013

リトリチャ Ep 17

Alright, so here's another Literature post. Our lecturer asked us to write our own poems entitled "The Self-Unseeing", based on Thomas Hardy's The Self-Unseeing.

*          *          *

Question:
Write a poem entitled "The Self-Unseeing" based on Thomas Hardy's The Self-Unseeing. In the first stanza, the first and third lines have to start with "Here". In the second stanza, the first line must start with "She" whereas the third line must start with "He". Lastly, in the third stanza, the last line must begin with "Yet".

Answer:

Here stands the abysmal building
Full of life, full of people
Here minds and hearts are growing
Expanding what was once fickle

She holds a leash in her right hand
Strutting along, checking her nails
He follows behind, 'round every bend
Tongue hanging out, wagging his tail

I watch the clock tick
He's still nowhere near
I'm already homesick
Yet alone I'm left here

Comment: Poignant.

~#~

I shan't deny it, I didn't know what poignant meant until I searched it up on the Dictionary. Haha.  Apparently, it means "keen on the emotions". Still a bit doubtful about its usage in other contexts but yeah~ :P

Another Literature post coming up! :D

P/S: Please click on my Nuffnang ads :) Thanks!!

No comments: