Please Click This Before Reading :D

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hey... U.D Part 1 and 2

I've been wanting to share my oh-so-great talent for writing (cheh, perasannya!!!) so I've decided to post my greatest story yet! It's called Undefined Destiny and it was dedicated to my very very good friend, Danya. Enjoy this story in parts. It comes only once per 3 days, so stay tuned! As a treat, today, I'll give you two parts!

A child born during the eclipse, fated to have either one destiny. To live with full of hope and desire, happiness and love, or to live with full of hatred and cruelty, darkness and despair. A child who was born to live a life dictated by others. Why? We ask. Why doesn’t she get to choose?

That’s because she’s…

* * * * * *

It was the start of the second semester for me. I packed all my things, stationary and the lot, then proceeded downstairs to my kitchen. Grabbing a slice of bread and not even pausing to get butter, I dashed out to my bicycle, with the bread in my mouth.

Yup, you guessed it. I was, as any normal teenager, late.

As I cycled, I swore under my breath. I was late enough to get screwed by Mrs. Leonard but I had never gone as far as getting a red ticket before. Just then, as I was about to walk into school, I stopped. Instead, I went to the school garden.

I wandered around till I found a rose bush. I picked a rose, the bloodiest, and held the rose with the stalk facing my wrist. As my eyes closed, the red from the rose leaked out through the stalk and flowed all over my hand and my lower arm. As it got to the middle of my arm, it started to seep into my skin.

They were still there. I recognized them as my classmates. I guess draining a rose off its colour wasn’t scary enough for them. I would have to go to the extreme.

A pot suddenly burst when I clenched my fists. I heard sudden intakes of breaths and barely smiled. They still weren’t moving. Couldn’t they just leave me alone?

‘If you don’t want trouble, I suggest you run now, I put emphasis on the word now.

Y-Y-You’re a freak! Yeah! T-That’s what you are! You’re a d-dis-disgusting!’ I made out Joey’s voice.

Immediately, I turned to them, my hazel eyes bearing into three boys’. They literally froze at my stare and I could feel my fingers crawling up their spines.

Get-Out, was all I needed to say to see them run away, screaming like little girls.

Okay, I guess you’ve seen that side of me, I suggest you close the book now if you don’t like it, because If that small part of me scared you, I don’t think the rest of it would be any less freaky.

Unlike most giggling, blithering idiots you call girls nowadays, I’m nothing like them. As for my past, nobody would believe it was bright. Neither did I. October 24th, my date of birth - yes during the eclipse - was practically the only… well… thing I remembered. Other than that, nothing. I’ve never seen the face of my parents. Not even sure I had them. Long story short, I was past-less, future-less, and an anti-social, condemned selfless brat.

But hey, I like myself.

It didn’t even bother if I didn’t have any friends. Pfft... What’s the point? I was lonely throughout my life. No friends, the better.

Cutting back to my present, I made my way to class. We were said to have changed classes, but I was still in the same one.

Guess who was the there the moment the door flung open. Maria Demetri, from last semester. Quiet, but other than that, she was practically my splitting image. Always had a glare plastered on, either that, or a blank, ‘so-what’ face.

Ah… Miss Danya LiHsia. How nice of you to show up, said Mrs. Barla, our Geometry teacher, mockingly. I could swear she had detention planned for me.

She was avoiding my gaze though, mainly because the idiom, if looks could kill, applied to me. Literally. And its not an exaggeration. I’ve killed people just by eye-contact with them before. There had been no witnesses, but everyone had staked their bets on me.

As I passed Maria’s table, my sharp ears caught the words It’s time. It was unusual hearing her voice, let alone hear her say something so queer. What was time? After sitting on my chair, the door suddenly opened and in skipped a merry girl of our age. Urgh… She had silver hair with black streaks and a freaky, wide, crooked smile, almost a smirk, on her face. Of course, some people would call her friendly but since I only existed in an empty shell, don’t expect me to know how to categorize friendly.

Hello, everyone!! the girl said, waving.

Everyone laughed except Mrs. Barla, who was surprised at her sudden appearance.

Exactly who are you? demanded Mrs. Barla, angry at having her class interrupted.

I’m Sinclair Acquilla! The transfer student! She turned to us and beamed. Hi!

Everyone laughed again. Mrs. Barla frowned.

I’m sorry but this class is full. There are no more vacant seats. You have the wrong class, said Mrs. Barla, checking her name list.

Really? Oh dear, I must be lost, then. Isn’t this class 1 Pisces? asked Sinclair, confused.

No, its 1 Aquarius. Piscean classes are down the hall to your right, said Mrs. Barla.

Oh dear, my directions were wrongly given, then,’ said Sinclair. Sorry for the trouble. Ma’am.’

And with that, the Sinclair girl skipped out of the classroom, closing the door behind her. Mrs. Barla let out a frustrated sigh and looked to the class.

Well, let’s be-’ she started after a few seconds.

Mrs. Barla!

I recognized Mr. Jameson’s voice. He walked in, surprising Mrs. Barla, when I noticed it wasn’t Mr. Jameson she was surprised at seeing.

You’ve met Miss Acquilla, I assume? asked Mr. Jameson, revealing the girl behind him, who was smiling nervously.

‘Yes,’ Mrs. Barla started.

Mr. Jameson blinked, turning to Sinclair, staring at her in stupefaction.

So you were telling the truth, he declared out loud.

Of course, Mr. Jameson, sir, said Sinclair, smiling innocently.

Mrs. Barla was still confused. She turned to Mr. Jameson and asked, What’s wrong?

Mr. Jameson managed to pry his eyes away from Sinclair and focused them on Mrs. Barla. Well, I saw her wandering about in the cafeteria.

This is as far as I can give for two parts, but be happy for what you've got! Stay tuned for part 3!

No comments: